Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chalai Creations //

So basically, yesterday I learned to sew! Which is a fantastic thing to learn, especially for the direction that I am going in, in my life. I want to accomplish so many things - I want to have a split boutique with my best friend Bridgett. Right now, we are getting together ideas and things to start that. I also want to be a photographer, maybe a stylist or fashion designer, graphic designer, & things like that.
So last night we bought some fabrics, lace, and a couple shirts to alter. And we looked up youtube videos on how to use a sewing machine, 3 hours later, around 4am, we finally got it. We were literally about to cry! We had worked so hard trying to figure it out and kept messing it up and then finally it worked and we were so happy!
So anyways, I have a picture of the t-shirt that I altered, but not Bridgett's.
Here it is /// ---




I actually really love it. I got some ribbon to put on the bottom of the shirt, I got some fabric that had wolves on it because for some weird reason I'm obsessed with wolves/wild animals right now..haha. And then I sewed the wolf on and the ribbon first, then I cut the pocket to where it was slitted, and I used blue fabric underneath the pocket so it would show through, used fabric glue to adhese it and also, I got some croched/lace looking ribbon and used fabric glue to adhere it to the top of the pocket. Also made a bunch of slits in the back of the shirt. I'm not sure if I'm finished with it yet or not. I may alter it more, or I may just buy more shirts and alter them in different ways.

But the things to come in the near future are: video tutorials on how to cut t-shirts in certain ways, how to sew certain things, post ideas, my style pictures, video tutorials on random things like chalk dying your hair, how to make feather hair clips, earrings, and headbands. TONS of things to do!! But I am so excited. Now that I am aware of how to sew, I can alter some of the clothing I have into something even more awesome! Then it will be my own creation, instead of someone else's.

Thanks for reading my posts, stay tuned for tutorials, how to's, and my style photographs!
ALSO; I will be posting my videos on youtube (i'll give you the links to my videos in the next post about my creations!) I am also posting things on tumblr & buzznet! Also, I will give those links in the next post as well!

// SHARE MY BLOG with your friends!
I NEED FOLLOWERS!

Next post will more than likely be a tutorial for sewing and altering t-shirts & things of that nature. Stay tuned for more fun and interesting clothes and ideas!
Thanks lovies <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment