Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Reconstructing t-shirts //


I've been reconstructing my t-shirts to kind of update my wardrobe without going and buying all these new clothes. So this is a great idea if you want to do that.

Check out my youtube page for tutorials on how to reconstruct your t-shirts.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rangerjeff1?feature=mhee

Here's a few of the shirts that I have reconstructed:



On this shirt I basically just cut a V neck, off the shoulder look. Cut below the seams and then go down to a point on each side. (You can use a sharpie or chalk and draw a line in the shape of a V, just to have a clearer idea of where to cut.












On this shirt, I did the same thing as the last one. V neck, off the shoulder look.
On this shirt I just cut on the neckline to make it a circular shape. If you want an off the shoulder kind of look to your shirt, you can go about an inch away from the seam where your shoulder kind of starts, and cut down in a half circle shape.
For this shirt, I did the V neck, off the shoulder look.
For this shirt I did an off the shoulder look.
This is the racer back top type shirt. I basically just cut the back layer in 2 half circles on each side to make the back like a racer back. where the middle has a thin part. Then, I cut the sleeves off, and left the neck seam the way it was. Then you take the material from your sleeves and cut 2-3 inch strips and pull them to give the strips a rolling effect, then tie knots starting at the bottom of the thin part where it stops off and goes underneath your arms to the part at the top of your shoulders, reaching around towards the front. Tie those knots about half-inch/inch away from each other and keep tying them until you've wrapped around the front.
For this shirt I cut the neckline out, and then I took the sleeve and folded it in the middle and then cut about 5 horizontal lines. After you do that to both sleeves, stretch out the strips to give them a rolling effect, then you've got this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment